Do you like spicy food? Well, if the answer is yes then, you know what is chilli, right?! However, have you ever happened to spill some of this sauce on your beautiful carpet? Well, this is an ugly picture and you have to know how to react in order to handle the situation.
Removing stains on carpets and upholstery is probably the most annoying thing, which home owners have to do in their everyday cleaning. However, sometimes, we cannot avoid stains. So, we have to learn how to clean them. For this purpose London cleaners will give you some useful tips how to clean chilli stains on upholstery and carpets.
1. The most important thing to remember when cleaning stains is to read carefully the labels of your carpet, including information about what you can and cannot use for the cleaning.
2. The tools and materials needed for the cleaning are: some dish-washing detergent, soft towels, water, a sponge, a spoon and a cup.
3. You have to remove the stain as soon as possible. You need to act fact, because the longer the stain is on the carpet, the less chances you have to remove it.
4. Take a clean towel to remove all excess material, before cleaning the area. You can use a spoon for the job, too.
5. Make a solution of ½ tablespoon of some dish-washing liquid and 1 cup of water. Then, using a sponge apply a small amount of the solution to the affected area. Blot the stain until you remove the spot. Do not be desperate, it is necessary to repeat the procedure a couple of times to achieve the desired result.
6. Then, cover the stain and press it with a soft towel to absorb the cleaning detergent. When you are completely sure that the stain is gone, London cleaning professionals advise to rinse the area with cold water. Then, leave it to dry.