Friday 8 March 2013

Bathing Your Dog – Challenge Accepted


 My story:
I am serious here, first, you have to accept the challenge of bathing your furry pal. Animals can sense the way you are feeling and if bath time brings anxiety and bad memories to you, then you have a serious problem. I remember the first time I had to bathe Buck. I was all sweaty and shaking from the thought that bathing my dog could be a true disaster and Buck saw it in my eyes. He was still a little puppy, so he ran away from me quickly and he hid behind the sofa. After a lot of failed attempts to get him out of there, I finally succeeded to trick him out with a piece of my hamburger and got him into the bathtub. The whole bathing process was a disaster and in the end we both ended soaked and I didn't even manage to clean him properly. Trough the years I gained some knowledge about the dogs' behavior and habits that helped me a lot even with the bathing. I want to share my experience and the methods I used and hopefully help you.
Keep your dog clean:
If you want to keep your dog clean, you have to keep your house clean, too. If you don't clean the dirt and fallen fur from the floor or its bed, you will never manage to keep you dog neat and clean. Cleaners Melbourne recommend that you use only non-toxic cleaning products when you have a pet it the house. Pets tend to stick their nose everywhere and could poison themselves, if you leave any of the toxic detergent unclean. 
Preparation:
Preparing for the big day is the best way to ensure that the bath won't be ruined. First of all, take your puppy for a walk. This will drain his energy and eventually his enthusiasm to jump, run and shake the watter off it around the house. Place a non-stick bathmat in the tub to help your puppy not to slip. Make sure you collect all the necessary products and materials for the bathing process. It's best to use a special dog shampoo. Most of the cleaning products are bad for the dog's skin. If you don't have dog shampoo, you should use a mild cleaning product or baby shampoo. Get a dog brush and brush off the loosened fur from your dog, before you get him into the bathtub.
The process:
Grab the leash of your dog and lead him in the bathtub. Try not to express any emotions of fear or anxiety or your pal will feel them and he will react the same way you react to the bathing process. Wash your dog's fur with lukewarm water and make sure not to let the water run directly on his head and ears. The dog's ears are very sensitive and if any water enters there, it's hard and painful to remove it even with the help of a veterinarian. To dry your dog with an old towel. Remove as much water as you can, so he won't shake off all the water on your furniture and walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment