Thursday 7 March 2013

Dust - One Of the Biggest Enemies of Your Computer


I recently started hearing my computer's fan go louder and louder. Since I had never given my PC for a regular preventive check to a professional service, I started worrying that something might be broken. I got my computer to a professional service that I trust and after few days I received a call from the company. They told me that if I haven't brought my PC any time soon, it would've brake. There was dust all over my PC and hardened dirt was damaging my fan and the other parts of my computer. Here are some tips to help you clean your PC by yourself.


You will need:

  • a screwdriver
  • a can with compressed air
  • a clean cloth
First thing's first:

First of all you have turn off your computer, unplug its cable and back up your files, if needed. Unplug all the cords from the CPU. If you are not sure what is the right way to put your PC back together, you could take some photos of it in the process of unplugging the cables. You should also check your manual for the proper steps to open your CPU. It's better to clean your computer outside of the house or in a place that is well ventilated. Take the screwdriver and open your PC, following the steps on the manual.

Cleaning the computer:

There probably is a lot of dust. Don't think about cleaning it with the vacuum cleaning machine. You could brake something by accident. Cleaners Melbourne recommended that you use a can with compressed air. You could buy one of these in the nearest computer or electronics store. Use the can with the compressed air to remove all the dust. Don't direct the compressed air right at the fan, because this can damage it. If you are skilled enough, you could remove the fan and clean it with a towel or cloth. Make sure you blow off all the dust in you computer. Clean also the edges and the walls of the PC's box. You can use a clean cloth or sponge to remove the hardened dust from the fan's grill. After you clean the computer, follow the manual and reattach all the removed cords.

Additional tips:


  • If the fan of your computer is running louder than usual, this could be a sign that you PC needs to be cleaned up from the dust.
  • If you are a smoker or you have pets at home, you should clean your computer more often.
  • Have in mind that cleaning a PC is not a simple job and if you are worried that you could damage you computer, it is best that you use the services of a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment